Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Funny

This week is soccer tryouts across the state of NC.  For those who know, YOU KNOW.  If you don’t, you cannot appreciate some of the craziness I encounter as an employee of a soccer club…

My friend, SusieMom, does (her son, G and my Crash are best buds).  She sent this to me today.  It was like she knew I needed to laugh. 

It’s not soccer – but it’s the same thing.

clip_image001

 

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 9-year-old baseball players aside and asked,
'Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?' The little boy nodded in the affirmative.
'Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?'
The little boy nodded 'yes'.
'So,' the coach continued, 'I'm sure you know, when an out is called, you shouldn't argue, curse,
attack the umpire, or call him a pecker-head, dickhead or asshole. Do you understand all that? '
The little boy nodded 'yes' again.


He continued, 'And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play too,
it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach "a dumb ass or shithead" is it?'
The little boy shook his head 'NO'.


'GOOD', said the coach . . . 'Now go over there and explain all that to your grandmother!'

 

Thanks SusieMom – it was the perfect laugh at the perfect time!!!  We’ve been dealing with some funny folk and requests this week…my favorite is the dad, whose son is a true U13 for this upcoming season but he wants him to play up at U15.  Um – he’s as a big as Bubba.

See you all when CRAZY TIME is over..

No comments: