Tuesday, December 30, 2008
SERIOUSLY!!! I don't. Oh well.
I need to take the Christmas decorations down. I am hopeful that my dear husband will help me do that tomorrow. He is taking the day off of work to go with me to the YOU'RE OVER 35 ULTRASOUND...and then we are going to go out to lunch.
Since the knee surgery and news of Quatro, we didn't put up all the decorations that we normally do. Thank the good Lord. That means less to pack back up. I typically try to get all the decorations packed up the day after Christmas, but I had to take a nap this year. :)
We will be making the trek to GramMabel's the end of the week. Merr Cri'Mas Chil'ren. And Kool Mentol Cigarettes here we come. Yee - haw.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
And I stay exhausted, but don't sleep very well. My left hip has already started bothering me. Which only means that when I am "big bellied" that it will really bother me and I will have to sleep sitting up downstairs in the big chair.
Otherwise, we are SLOWLY getting ready for Christmas. I still have LOTS of shopping to do on Monday and Tuesday, but will alternate taking the boys out to help me. Biggest problem is just really don't know what to get any of them. Have a couple of little things - really would like to give them gift cards and money and let them pick out what they want after the fact!!!
Kind of sad since they are still young!!!
Hubby is doing really well with his knee. He can "almost" walk down the stairs like a normal guy...regular walking - you would never know that he had anything done.
MY BROTHER came home last night. Thanks to his sweet girl friend Amanda, who went and picked him up in Atlanta. He looks really good and it was lots of fun to hear his stories last night. The kids just kept staring at him and smiling. He has NO hair and is really skinny - very muscular but very skinny. And he was in his army wear and his and just looked very handsome.
That's it - not writing a lot right now - just can't get the energy some days......
Happy Holidays to all.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
God has a sense of humor folks. Why do i say that you ask...How about this for a laugh..
I am 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant!!!
Now let me tell you why this means God has a sense of humor. I was on those nifty little things called pills. And no, I didn't forget to take one, thank you. I was like of those dumb little teenagers who goes into the doctor for one reason or the other and finds out she is knocked up. I went in for an ultrasound to check for female plumbing problems, which I don't have. And while doing the ultrasound, Oh look, there's a baby, in a bar.
Hubby and bebe's have taken it quite well. I am still a little stunned. Getting used to the idea of the fact that I will never be done at the elementary school (which thank goodness I love it there) but still, I'm going to be the old lady that gives tours and says "I remember way back when this school opened all those years ago".)
Seriously. I am truly maxed out now.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I am demanding a recount.
1. Grandmother passed away. (And while she was ready and I know she is in a better place, it is still can qualify as a "bad thing".)
2. Got sick with a stomach Yuck.
3. Poor Cat died.
4. Hubby had knee surgery. (And again, I am really not in the mood for "it was for the best" and all that, I am counting here people, back off. It was still a pain (no pun intended) and an added expense at a bad time of the year.)
5. Lola got sick. She got sick with something different that what I had.
6. I got with what Lola had.
7. The two of us were sick over Thanksgiving. (That happened last year and I find it to be a bad time for it.)
8. Didn't get decorations up because of reason #6.
9. Furnace broke. Waiting on HVAC man to show up to see if it can be fixed until March at which point I will promise to whoever i need to to replace it then. Replacing it right now is not an option.
Three times what the rule states.
When I say I am maxed out, I really mean it. Can't. Take. Anymore.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Another couple, Dave and Gloria, from the church joined us. Dave worked for the Missing Children group. As an investigator. He has found over 1200 missing children. Only 14 of those children were not alive. It was amazing to hear about it. He talked to my kids too about safety. Pootie was just shaking his head. He told Dave - "that's what my mom does." I got the thumbs up from "the man" about the rules. Pretty cool. It was especially good for Pootie to hear that I am not some crazy wench. FYI, 1 out 100 missing children are abuducted by total strangers. The rest are parents, family members and acquaintances. Scarey.
So, we are home, it's after 8. We are all stuffed. Ready to go to bed. Lola ran a fever all night last night, which meant that once again, I was up and down. Ok, that is a lie, what happened was, she would moan (she was in the floor next to my side of the bed) and Shelby would sit up and look at her, which meant her little name tag would jingle, thereby waking me up. I've learned after 3 kids to sleep thru some fever talk....
Anywho - Happy Turkey Day!!!! Be safe!!!!!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
And then we got home Sunday night. And I came home with what I first thought was too much rowdiness, but is for sure a stomach bug.
Monday night, cat number 3 died. We think he was hit by a car and then crawled (dragged) his poor little body home, to die there. Great.
And Hubby has his knee surgery tomorrow.
Yeah - it's just headed down the drain. Trust me when I say I cannot take much more.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
About 4:25, BFF calls and says, I'm getting in the car, the bus has been in accident, walk outside and get in the car with me. So, I go flying out the door. 'Bout that time, Pootie calls from Sheild's daughter's cell phone. (Of all days, Pootie's phone was here at home on the charger.) He is fine. Come get him. I told him that BFF and I were on our way.
Get to the "scene". Dumba*^ bus driver, according to all the children on the bus, fell asleep and ran into the back of another school bus. Lovely.
I am so mad on so many levels. The pompous a*^ from area transportation was exactly that, a pompous a*^, and will forever more be known as PA. And while PA was there, not a single person from the middle school showed up. PA almost got himself smacked a couple of times, and that's not even counting the me. That was from the police officers that he was totally ticking off. Un-freaking-believable. PA did nothing but spout about of political nonsense that, come to find out, because I know people, was a big fat lie. Just like him.
So, police are trying to get all the info, news helicopter is flying overhead, kids are being moved form one bus to another and PA is talking out his rear end. The police were trying to get the names of all the children on the bus. Because they have to have that. Well, NC law states that within 30 days of school starting, all buses should have a from filled out listing each child's name that rides that bus and where they sit. Did the bus driver have that list, nope. she did not. She tired to pass around a blank list and have the kids quickly write their names down. The list did not make it to every child. And some of them were not writing very legibly. Not their faults, they were just in a bus accident!
Here's the best part. The kids are put on a new bus. They have a new bus driver. The sleepy bus driver has to immediately go down for drug testing. Guess how she gets there. (you are going to love this)...she got on the other bus and drove it there.
Ain't that something. That scenario is comparable to this.....ma'am, we think you might have been drinking - we'll meet you downtown for a DUI test.
Monday morning, BFF and I are headed over to the school to have a pow wow. We still have had to phone call or anything to check to see if the kids are ok. Nothing.
And the kids whose parents didn't get the phone call from the illegal cell phones, their kids were probably about 2+ hours late getting home from school. And had they tried calling the school to find out where their bebe's were...there was no one at the school.
They could have watched the news though..it was breaking news!!!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
ahhhh Doug Ross, MD. He makes me melt. this is our song too, if you must know. I let them borrow it - you know, they have twin girls together. It seemed, well, the only thing I could do.
Yeah - I know he looks happy to see HER in this clip, but he is really just fooling her. He is still begging for me to leave Hubby. I keep telling him ya just can't throw 14 years of marriage down the drain....or, well, we'll talk about that later. The surgery is coming up in less than 2 weeks after all.
So you ask where all of this is coming from? (Hello, did you just miss the part about THE knee surgery? Wake up, pay attention willl ya!)
My life has been very incomplete since he left me andm well if you must know, County Hospital. We've managed, but it's been tough. Luka was really nice, a man with an accent is always a good choice, although I cannot stand "the new Aussie", what's his face. I can barely understand his utterances.
Mark was very dependable. The kind of guy ya marry. (I have one of those for goodness sakes, why would I want one more?) John fell into the same category for me as Mark at first, however, he so got better with age! And then he left for freaking Africa and that skinny wench.
Ray tried to help, but eh, the whole car accident-double amputee-him moving to Louisiana really got in the way of things. Of course there's Tony, and he's a fun guy and all, still not sure if I can trust him. I still do not get what they all see in Neeeee-la. GAG.
But NO ONE has ever done it for me the way Doug has. It's the put your chin down, tilt the head to the side ever so slightly and then look up with your eyes.
Why am I bringing all of this up now? Well, I just got a letter from Doug. It appears that he is in desperate need a break from Carol and the twin girls, Tess and Kate. He is coming back to me and County. Finally. Maybe.
He said John and Peter were coming back too!
I can hardly wait.
My heart is all a flutter.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Honest. Ask them. They hate it.
Oh, back to the point. Hubby knows that I am watching, waiting, stalking him if you will. TRYING TO GET A DANG PICTURE OF HIM WITH THE DANG HEADLIGHT ON HIS HEAD. So, he is purposely NOT wearing it right now.
I"ll have a beer - as I listen to my man Trace singing to me. Man just gives me chills. And I liked him before he was a hunka hunka burning love on The Apprentice. It's the hat, the voice, the butt, the jeans, the hat, the hair.
I know, I'm off track again. Big deal!! It's my website!!! Don't like it? Get your own!!!
So, hubby is out in the dang dark, trying to weed and feed by the house lights JUST so I can't get a picture for my website.
I personally think that is sooooooo selfish of him.
And yes, today I am talking about anything other than that dang election. :)
Cause I'm a rock star and I don't need you, and you're a tool. Again, off track.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
His teacher is a good guy, yep, a guy, Mr. P. Mr. P lets us in on the fact that Crash is somewhat of the class clown. Lovely. (Although, that really doesn't bother me either. I figure if I'm not getting notes home that he's disrupting class, it's all good.)
Mr. P tells us that there was a class spelling bee. Crash didn't do so well. I'm stunned (NOT! - Crash hates standing up in front of people being put on the spot.) Two misspelled words knocked him out. One was teriyaki. (Heck, I"m not sure I just spelled that right.) And then then other one, MENU.
Yes, the word that knocked him out was MENU!!! Go ahead, ask me how he spelled it.
P-I-E. He spelled MENU, PIE! I said "Crash" and he looked at me and said, I didn't want to do it mom. Which again, no big shocker there. Give him something to memorize and recite, he can do it, put him on the spot with an unknown. NOPE. He turned down a spot last year to meet and play a game on stage with some Carolina Panthers guy, just because he didn't want to be ON STAGE!! HELLO!!!
So, PIE it is. I'm good with that.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Take note, I said like to say.
Poor Hubby is outside, it's getting dark trying to get the grass cut. I think he thinks it's a game now. To see what the yard looks like in the morning after he cuts it in the dark... oh - here's his little funny. He wears one of those miner lights on his head when it's dark. Cracks the neighbors up. They sit on the patio just cackling at him, whilst they consume their wine. I might try to sneak a pix tonight. Just so you can laugh at him too.
I am jamming to Styx right now. Don't let it end. Gosh, I love that song. Not sure why. It's not one of the oldies that you stop and tell your hubby that "oh - that was my song with so-and-so. 'Cause I really don't think that it was "a song" for me. I think it reminds me more of a time, than a person. The summers at my Gram's, in Virginia. Running around with my cousin. And yes, there were lots of boys!!! Wonderful Boys of the Summer.
This week is lots of meetings here and there. And work. And soccer. And both Pootie and Lola have projects coming up. Pootie got most of his donw this weekend, Lola left her book at school over the weekend that she needs to finish reading before she can start said project.
Lovely week ahead, just lovely.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
One precious little boy went home on Thursday and this is the conversation.
Boy: Mom, we had the BEST teacher ever. She was so nice.
Boy's Mom: Great, who was it......
Boys: MRS. EROTICA!!!
Boy's Mom: I don't think that's how she pronounces her name.
Boy: Yes it is but she said the class could just call her Mrs. W if they wanted.
Boy's Mom: Maybe you should stick to calling her Mrs. W.
I can't make this stuff up, honest!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
"SERIOUSLY, you forget who you wrote this to, because I know you too well, and I think what you said is a load of crap!!!"
(And to my friend with the broken hand, NO, I am not referring to you and what you said being a load of crap. Promise)
And I know that what this person did is so insignificant in the big picture of what is going on in the world...and it really is...but the fact that the note was such a load of crap really ticks me off.
I'm trying to decide if I should respond. I'm waiting to talk to my hubby. He is more level headed that I am. (don't tell him I said that please.)
In other news....
I got to watch baby E all day today. I tell ya, this is the sweetest, easiest most talkative baby ever!!! He's not quite 10 weeks old and just talks and coo's. And it was just us most all day. the dogs are so funny around him. They are not really sure what to think of his noises. We all took a nap in the den together today. He was in his little carrier, the other bebe's at me feet and me on the sofa. 10 minutes was all I got, cause I had to watch the JDMA show. Yes, the supermodel plastic surgery lady that cusses like a banshee. Can't help it, I'm totally fascinated by it!!!
Oh - Lola has been asked to be a flower girl in a wedding in May. It is the (and i quote) the MOST EXCITING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN HER LIFE!
Pootie has a soccer game tonight. I must pull out the scarves and mittens....
Monday, October 20, 2008
Oh - the picture - I like to call this one "Three Copies". Mom won't like this at all..she say she looks like "insert negative comment here"..but it was before dinner..we were just relaxing. Dang i was tan.. Need to go back to the TB!!!!
Back row. My brother, Hubby (red and white stripe), Keith, Jon (holding Jon Howard), Solomon and my Daddy
This weekend was very cold. I VERY MUCH DISLIKE the cold!!! There isn't one single thing that I like about it. I hate cold weather clothes. Lola and Crash don't like it either. Hubby and Pootie like it. Crash thinks he likes it until he has to dress appropriately. Then, not so much.
We had soccer all weekend in some varying form or another. Hubby has goofy parents from the younger ages complaining. So he will have to deal with that this week. (They complain because they are losing. Hello folks, not everyone wins. Suck it up and teach your kids to learn to lose with style and have fun! You can go back to one of my earlier posts and see how I feel about parents who act like that. NOT EVERYONE CAN WIN!!! NOT EVERYONE CAN MAKE A TEAM!!! NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO GET THE JOB PROMOTION THAT THEY THING THEY DESERVE! Are you still going to write ugly letters for them then? Get over it.)
Anywho. Busy week again. Work today and tomorrow at Dad's. Babysit on Wednesday and sub on Thursday and Friday. First graders. They are so cute.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
We were so tired from the weekend, that we couldn't even stay awake to watch all of the DVR'd Desperate Housewives. I also must add that I think the producers/writer/whomever's idea it was to fast forward 5 years.....BRILLIANT!!!! I know that Eva was asked to cut her hair, she did. I also know that they asked her to gain 10 pounds, she did, PLUS she is wearing some extra padding...fabulous. And the fact that she can't wear all her little clothes - even if it's just for the show - EVEN MORE BRILLIANT!!!! I'll watch it later on this morning, when I have some peace and quite....hahahahah - that is funny.
This is the rest of the week.
Today - go back to work at the office. Be at school by 1:00, Crash is running the challenge run. Pootie has practice at 5:30, Crash has practice at 6:00. figure out what the heck to cook for dinner, might be breakfast night.
Wednesday. Lola has challenge run at 8:45. she is already faining sick and knee/ankle/leg hurt. Pootie has practice. Lola has GA's at church. Figure out what to cook for breakfast. :)
Thursday. 7:45 meeting at school, PTA. Go back to work at office. Crash has practice and we have a big family night dinner at school, so I'll be there. Don't have to worry about dinner for that night.
Friday. Substitute teaching for the first time this year. 2nd grade. Very excited. Then Pootie has a soccer game at 7:30.
Weekend. No late sleeping though. Pootie has a game on Saturday at 9:30 am. Thank the good lord above it's not an away game, one of three home games, so we just have to drive up the street. Hubby is going to ref the rest of the weekend. Crash has a game out of town on Sunday, and Lola has auditions for the Christmas program at 5:00 at the church.
And then it's Spring.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
- Woke up, felt like crap. Back and hips really bothering me. I'm getting old.
- Went to church. Was very uncomfortable. Back and hips hurt. Did I say that already?
- Pootie called shot gun and got to ride home in my seat in my car. Really ticks me off.
- I wore my new dress to church that mom got me. I looked good!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
- Got home, went thru Lola's jammie drawer. I really have an issue with my kids and jammies. She has alot!
- Day just wore me out, so I watched Project Runway reruns and took a nap. I cannot wait to find out who wins. I swear, I want to slap that girl Kenley! She is a be-ach! Nasty attitude. I am very upset that Jer'rel had to go home. Lola likes to watch it with me and let me tell ya, girl has her own opinion about some of the designs. Totally cracks me up!
- Got up, Crash had a soccer game at 4. Uncle Chris's girl friend Amanda came. Uncle Chris called us, we missed the dang phone call, but he did leave us a message...so we have saved it and we keep replaying it. I miss my brother. My kids miss his terribly. Crash wants to be an army man for Halloween, because of Uncle Chris.
- Was trying to be a sweet doggie mom and take the bebe's to the game. Shelby starting acting very weird and Henry was being a brat. So I said, hey, it's right up the street, I'll just run them home. SHELBY THROW UP IN THE CAR ON THAT SHORT RIDE HOME. It was disgusting. Now, what I found out, was she had eaten some sh*&%. No, literally. Sh*&^. And thrown up sh*&^ in my car is horrible! Lola was screaming bloody murder, Henry was trying to get in the front seat with Pootie. (I'm driving here folks and have a 86 pound dog throwing himself into the front seat!) Shelby is car sick and laying in the floor with Lola crying "she's touching me".....The smell - oh - dear lord I cannot tell you how fowl it was!!!!! Pootie is just like Uncle Chris and he is gagging, his head hanging out the window gagging. Yeah, realllllll funnnn-neeeee.
- Spent a million dollars at Bi-Lo buying cleaning supplies. Can you say baking soda big boxes!!!!!! SERIOUSLY - this was the nastiest thing in all of forever that you can imagine!!!!!
- The dogs are outside. Think Miss Shelby is going to be sleeping in her crate tonight - and gonna be getting a fierce toofer cleaning in the morning. With mouth wash, extra strength.
- Hubby is at a soccer club meeting. Don't even get me started on why they have this on a Sunday night. Because the reason will be STUPID.
- Lola just got home from choir practice - she is trying out for some part or another for the Christmas program.....lord help me again. Please.
- Have a crazy week and alot of work work, not pta work, not soccer work, work work to get done.
POP - that would be another beer can opening!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Things I didn't know but should have:
- Pootie attempted to create his own myspace page this summer. I say attempt loosely. It was a sad attempt to be honest.
- Pootie, in setting up said myspace page, lied about his age and said he was 15. No smart comments here please, I am venting. YES, I realize that he is my child. HOWEVER, as HollyBeth would tell ya, go with a better age than 15!
- Pootie is not as smart as I thought he was.
- Lola's room parents have completely left me off of their classroom list.
- I am very far behind in what is going on in that classroom! And yes, that bothers me.
- What really bothers me is that one of the room parents knows me, and she should noticed that I have not responded to anything, or sent in any money. (Not that that should be a complaint :o) )
- Lola's teacher reads aloud scores on Fridays for this reading program. Which, if you have someone who is a speed demon brilliant reader, is fine, but if not, hello, you have a child in tears! Like mine.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I miss him!!!!
And he has only been gone a week!!! How sad is that?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
ME: Crash - it's time to come inside. (The kids had the day off for Rosh Hashanah. Happy New Year, by the way to my friend of the Jewish persuasion!!!).
ME: You have soccer practice tonight
CRASH: It's only 4:18
ME: And you have clean clothes on your bed I want you to put away. The right way. (Mom's really have to say this, promise, cause if you don't, the kids actually have the nerve to tell you, to your face, I didn't know you wanted it done right! )
CRASH: GAAAAAA, Moooooaaaaaammmmmm"
ME: (now losing my sense of humor, as I am only asking him to put away HIS clothes and get ready for HIS practice.) Do it Crash.
CRASH: (stomping down the hall) This stinks
So me being me, I give him a few minutes. Then I go down the hall. He is in the playroom. And so the conversation continues
ME: Did you put your stuff away?
ME: (mom's know to ask this next question.) The right way?
CRASH: I don't know.
So me being me, I walk into his room, and lets just say that the answer to the above question is NO, it's not put away. It's thrown in his closet. And the conversation continues...
ME: Come here.
ME: Get this picked up and put away, the right way.
CRASH: Gaaaaaaa, Moooooaaaaaammmmm.
He is in his room right now. NOT AT PRACTICE. I had to threaten Hubby with bodily harm if he even tried to talk Crash to practice.
I'll see how the rest of the week goes....
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve.
Since you are all such good customers, he said, I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by$20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.
The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free.
But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from every body's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.
So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing(100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).
Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
"I only got a dollar out of the $20", declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, but he got$10! "Yeah, that's right", exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"
"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
"Wait a minute", yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all."
"The system exploits the poor!"
The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him.
But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!
For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible...
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men.. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').
(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F-- YOU!
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.
and waiting, and waiting.
My brother left this morning. I'll be anxious to hear from him once he gets down to Georgia. He has an email address. No, I have not emailed him just yet. (I left the address in my office at dad's. Need to go get it.)
Last night, yes a TUESDAY, I "had" to take Pootie to Winston Salem for a soccer game. A 7 pm soccer game on a school night. The drive was not that bad. There were 4 boys, including Pootie, and then a dad who rode it the car with me. He's a POLICE OFFICER....rrrrrrrr. He didn't wear his uniform. Bummer. I did get to hear some stories though! And he drove home. Which was nice. I hate driving at night.
I think that means I am getting old.
14 years of marriage will do that to a person!!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
And she is right. I've tried to convince her otherwise since she was in first grade. The opposite has happened. She's convinced me.
I am a believer. Homework IS stupid. Say it with me folks. Homework IS stupid. Don't give me the garbage about reinforcing what was learned at school. MOST OF THE HOMEWORK is busy work!!!!! When coloring, gluing and cutting are involved. It's even STUPIDER!!! When it's a middle school-er having to color a picture - FOR A GRADE - it's really freaking stupid.
Crash is the only one who seems to be avoiding STUPID homework. Sorta. Lola has homework given out on Mondays, and then it's all due back on Friday. I appreciate that. But I really hate math worksheets, and I hate them even more when it involves coloring!
Pootie, he's got soooo much homework right now. And I can tell it's really making a difference in his academic career. BOLOGNA!! Last night was coloring, copying (because you should have to copy a list of stem words into a notebook - it's always helpful) and math. And the math was a sheet of paper that she had copied for the kids - but the font was so tiny - i needed a magnifying glass to read it.
As I say to my kids all the time "I'm Done!". I'm over it.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Crash is very excited because one of his best buds, we call him Trixie, always have, is having a birthday party this evening, and Crash gets to spend the night at Trixie's. One kid gone for the evening. That leaves Pootie and Lola.
Lola is actually going to the party with Trixie's sister, so she has someone to play with. She'll be home at 7:30ish. Pootie is going to one of his best buds from 4-6 for a party. Should be lots of fun. It's a school/soccer bud - and all these boys are just so funny together.
Hubby is at the turf fields reffing for the rest of the afternoon. His last game is at 6, which means he won't be home until 7:30ish.
Ah, the piece and quite. Yeah right.....
OH- here is some very exciting news. Our very good friends, the B's. They are prego. And everything looks really good. 18 1/2 weeks...and baby A AND baby B look healthy!! Surprise, they are having TWINS!!!!! This was a total shocker folks!!! They will have 6 kids, like that - poof! 6!!! The oldest is in high school!!! hehehehe!! I, personally, am so excited I can hardly stand myself!!!
What else, the 20th year high school reunion is this evening. We are not going to make it. Just is not fitting into the crazy schedule today! There are a few people there I am sad that I will not see, but I have enjoyed catching up with a bunch on line! The wonder of technology!!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
And yeah - don't start with me about they could wait until Christmas to have another TV. YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! I can't wait that long! They would be all under my feet in my den!! And don't' start with me either about kids and TV. My kids get plenty of exercise and outside and all that other mess. I don't want to watch the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana. PERIOD!
I want my Closer, Cleaner and ER! (Series Finale this year, I'm so sad!) I want to watch In Plain Sight and all the other shows that I want to watch!!! I watch things that have been DVR'd so yes, I am actually watching tv when my kids are watching tv.
Don't lecture me. I know I'm flawed!!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
My brother, the knucklehead that I love dearly, is now in the Army. He has wanted to do this for a long time, and finally did it. He wants to be Ranger, and go into Special Ops. I want to throw up. He leaves September 24th to head to Ft. Benning, Georgia. (Which is my 14th anniversary by the way.)
He will be in Basic Training for nine weeks. That's normal. Then more training, kind of like declaring a major in college, and then depending on how you do on these tests and etc you are off to Airborne School. There's lots more school and training that follows each test that you past.
When all is said in done, he could be "in army training sir" for a year-ish.
When all is said and done, my brother is going very far away from us. He is a pain in my butt, but I love him and cannot believe that he is not going to be near by. He is very involved with my kids, drops by, eats the food out of my fridge, babysits, gives swirlies and wedgies, ya know, normal uncle tormenting stuff. I can hardly type the words.....
I am not sure how leave or any of that stuff works. So I don't know when I get to see my brother again. I know, lots of families go through this. Doesn't make me feel any better.
There are some in my family (my aunt) that thinks he could end up being the Be all you Can be Campaign dude. My brother does look good, (that's gross to type by the way).
So think about him, say a prayer for him, and my family. Say a prayer for my kids. They really are having a hard time with this.
I'll let you know when I am ready to talk about this.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law!! (Classic line.) Smokey and the Bandit brought CB's into the for-front of driving!!!! Everyone had to have one. My dad even put one in my mom's station wagon.
An Oscar nominee? Hardly? A Classic and the pinnacle of the 70's.
So, the update part........here are my bebe's on the first day of school - aren't they cute!!!??? Lola and Crash have on their new spirit wear...and of course, Pootie thinks he is cool in his Hollister shirt. OBVIOUSLY, his hair is still blond. He is trying to decide if he wants me to bleach it one more time or go ahead and cut it off...it has dark roots now. I actually like it with the dark roots, but he is in desperate need of a cut.
The Other Bebe's are still adjusting to the kids being gone all day. Shelby cries at the window when they leave. Henry, Henry likes it when it's just me here. He is no dummy! Shelby has torn the whole bottom of her crate up. Knuckle head. Henry NEVER even bothered with it. Here they are 2 weeks ago, this was the first time that Shelby got Frosty Paws Ice Cream. How cute is this?
Soccer is going ok. The season kicks into high gear this weekend. And this weekend there is no conflicts in the boys schedules! One game on Friday night, one game on Saturday evening, one game on Sunday morning. Now, both Saturday and Sunday are out of town games. Should be in interesting season for Pootie and Crash. Pootie's team has a new coach. Still not sure if he gets how good these boys are. He also coaches 2 girls teams. Our U-12 boys beat his U-13 girls in a scrimmage. And he still talks about how wonderful the girls all the time. Hello - we kicked their butt. Crash's team is playing up a year. They should play U-10, but Hubby moved them up to U-11 Classic B. Which is good. They needed more of a challenge. They should be able to hold their own.
Hubby is doing fine. Knee is holding its own. The surgery is still set for November 19th. Unlike last time, this is a one day deal. Last time, it was an overnight. Still think this one should be overnight. Hello - nurses to take care of him!!!!!!! (I'm no dummy either!!) He will be home for a (freaking) week. Not sure where I'm going to "place him". (Could be down at Ethel's house.) Hubby has been able to referee, which makes him happy. He can't do the big kids games, but he can do the younger ages. Still no golf. (insert crying sound here)
Me? Not too much. Life will be more normal this next week. Today I am actually home, and not planning on heading into school until tonight, for the 3rd-5th grade Open House, where I plan to read my poem yet again. I am washing clothes. Yes, even the kids stuff (they usually have to wash their own clothes) and going to make up my bed and watch the first episode of Raising the Bar. Still trying to wrap my brain around Saved by the Bell boy being old enough to be a lawyer, but ok.
Oh - and for those of you that have been watching America's Greatest Dog - yippee - that kookie girl that screams all the time got voted off!!!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I know it is just middle school. But it sounds so big to me.
Crash and Lola are ready for tomorrow. Pootie is ready for tomorrow. I am not.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- Hi - we are trying to figure out which after school day care to send our child to, are the school buses air conditioned? Because if they are not, we are going to go to this different day care because it will provide an air conditioned bus. Ok - seriously - we are in CMS, air conditioned buses? We are lucky to have air conditioned classrooms. Hello!!!! right now, we are lucky to have teachers!
- Are you a peanut free school? (No we are not, but we do have peanut free classrooms and lunch tables) Oh - that's good because my daughter just has to have her peanut butter!!! And the other school she could go to is a peanut free school. I didn't really know that was a deciding factor in picking a school, but OK~
- What if my child doesn't like that book that is his grade level REQUIRED summer reading? Your child is so special, let's make sure he/she can go thru life never having to read something that he doesn't want to, heck...he doesn't even have to do homework unless he wants to!!!
- We've heard that teacher is too strict...can we switch?! Why sure ma'am, call us when your child has a professor in college or a boss later in life that is strict and we can "wub" his back and make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Ahh - the heart of a volunteer - just makes you feel warm all over doesn't it? Don't you feel good about me being in charge?
Saturday, August 16, 2008
With a Diet Dr. Pepper, I am a happy woman!!!
We are headed out this morning for a Pre-Season Tourney for Pootie's team. One game at 9:30 and then one at 5:30. Stupid schedule. In a soccer world, trust me, it is a stupid schedule. Hubby is going to ref the younger girls games. That should be ok for his knee....we shall see. He had to be switched from some older boys games to the younger girls, but it requires less running. And it pays less. Bummer. There goes that BMW that I was hoping for.
Enjoy the last days of summer.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
And I have been really swamped this week with PTA stuff. And the summer boredom that he is facing is my fault if I am not here. Like I would be running his skinny butt all over town trying to entertain him. I don't think so.
To the point.
Lola spent the night at Nin and Pops, so Pootie, Crash and I decided to get up and go to Le Peep for Le Breakfast at Le 7 in the morning. It would make Le Pootie Le Happy. 7 am did not Le happen. We ended up calling Le Lola who wanted to go with us. So at Le 8:45 we picked her up and went to eat. They were very happy. Le Petite Toast is the boys' favorite. Lola likes the Happy Face Pancake. I like the Spinnaker Le Omelet. All is right with the Le World.
Then I went to school. Copied LOTS of stuff. Come home. Take the kids to Blockbuster, still trying to help make them not bored and not blaming me for the fact that summer is LE OVER. And then. The Big Surprise. We went to freaking Baskin Robbins. 100% Happiness is a cone. Who knew it was that Le Easy!!!
We found out that the Dunkin Donuts that is right up the street from us now is open at 5 in the morning.
Guess where we are going tomorrow morning!!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I AM HOME ALONE RIGHT NOW AND THERE ISN'T A TV ON. It's very quite - except little wimpy boy Henry Cooper is outside barking at the door to come in. He is a such a baby! Shelby Elizabeth just goes with the flow!
So, I have spent the last couple of days at school. Volunteering. It's very insightful. What the secretaries must go through to get the rosters ready to go is unbelievable. And they are there this week, not getting paid. If they waited until next week, they still wouldn't get paid because they would be working so much freaking OT to get caught up. RE-DONK-U-LOUS!
I have heard some really silly questions from some parents calling in. Some just make me laugh. It's amazing how many people really think that the world revolves around them. FYI folks, it doesn't and lordy are your children going to have a difficult time in the real world! This is my favorite scenario....now mind you, i have not used names to protect the innocent...that would be me! And I have added in translations where needed. Let me also say that this so does not apply to all the wonderful folks that work at other times so unselfishly throughout the year. This is just the ME ME ME folks.
Me: Good Morning Elementary School, this is MomCanI, how can I help you?
Goofy Parent: Yes, when are teacher assignment letters going out?
Me: Next week. (translation: the same dang time they have gone out the past 6 years, D.A.)
G.P: Well, we are going on vacation next week.
Me: That's great!! I hope you have a great time! (translation: yeah - great thanks - while the few are in here busting their butts, you never volunteer do ya?)
G.P: Well how are we supposed to find out who little wonderful child has for a teacher?
Me: Stay home and get ya damned mail. OK - no wait - that was the translation part. What I say is, gosh, I'm not really sure, you have several options. One, you could get a neighbor to check your mail. Two, you could have your phone's forwarded to your cell phone because teachers are still going to call, like they have done every year. And three, you can call us on Thursday or Friday and we can tell you.
G.P. But we are stopping our mail until we get home.
Me: Not sure what else to tell ya, but I can tell ya, we ain't telling ya who ya damned teacher is right now! Whooops..that's the translation part again! Slipsies!!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Big note to this plan, I can change my mind on any given night and head out to dinner if I want, but I will at least have options!!
1. Sunday Night: Tater Tot Hot dish
2. Monday Night: Shepard's Pie
3. Tuesday Night: Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Chicken with Rice (a big hit with the kids)
4. Wednesday Night: Ranch Style Chicken Thighs
5. Thursday Night: Italian Green Bean & Sausage Pasta
6. Friday Night: Crock Pot Chicken & Black Beans
7. Saturday Night: Tuna Casserole
8. Sunday Night: Beef Burgundy
I have all the groceries that i need to make all the above. I have side dishes as needed, although some are "casserole" type things and will just require a little apple sauce and side salad.
I can alter this as I wish.
I feel like I am King of the World.
I'll let you know how each of the new ones turn out and how well I stick to this!!!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I wish I had never read this book. It has bothered me so much, I just can't finish it. And every parent and school child should have to read this book. It is very long and it has the smallest font - so I caution you.. And there are some parts that have some pretty strong s-e-x stuff, and violence, so it's not really kid appropriate. BUT EVERY ONE NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK!!! If you have children in school, home-school, private school, public school. It doesn't matter.
Please go to the link for Nineteen Minutes and read about this book. It will make you think about growing up, what you went through, about others you knew, things you saw. You will think about hurtful words and how you talk to your own children and other children that you may come in contact with. You will cry, you will understand, you will question the world that our children are growing up in.
It will touch you. I just need to finish it. I know exactly what happens at the end, don't ask me how, but I do. And I just need to go ahead and cry and finish it.
Monday, August 4, 2008
So, my dear friend, the Henry, as had a horrible year. The wench who took my place (like that would EVER be possible) in the company embezzled a BAZILLION dollars. He found out this past October. So. It's just been a fiasco. Several state tax agencies involved, IRS, attorneys, accountants. And so on...
And then, the arrest warrant was issued. And she turned herself in. You can go to this link to look at her. Seriously. If you are turning yourself in, ya might try to look a little better. She didn't. And it appears that she ate a lot of the money that she EMBEZZLED.
http://arrestinquiryweb.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/ search by the last name pfenninger.
I should not be so happy that she now is "on the website". But I am. She deserves it, 100%. The Henry has owed this company for roughly 17 years. That's how long I've known him. I worked for him for 6ish years and very hard to help make this little one man show a big deal. And in a couple of years, she totally destroyed it.
WENCH!!!! So let me bask in the glory that our judicial system is, for the moment, working.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Neil’s MRI results came in this morning and GUESS WHAT!!!!!! Torn LEFT ACL!!!!!!!! Now this really was not a big shock, he knew when it happened WHAT had happened. He's a pro...since he tore his RIGHT ACL 16 years ago. Kind of have to laugh that we will get a bill from some professional MRI reader man, glad he is making big bucks.
Ortho appointment is next week to determine what to do……He is walking without crutches, still has some soreness, but other than that, he is doing well.
Thanks to everyone who has been checking on him. Quite obviously I have not yet strangled him although I am not making any promises!!!!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Now don't cheat on this one, go with the first dessert you choose. If all the eight desserts listed below were sitting in front of you, which would you choose? (Sorry, you can only pick one!) Pick your dessert and then look to see what psychiatrists think about you. It is pretty accurate! (You can't change your choice once you scroll down!)
Here are your choices:
1. Angel Food Cake
3. Lemon Meringue Pie
4. Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Icing
5. Strawberry Short Cake
6. Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing
7. Ice Cream
8. Carrot Cake
OK - Now that you've made your choice, this is what the researchers say about you...SCROLL DOWN---No Cheating
1. ANGEL FOOD CAKE -- Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm and fuzzy items. A little nutty at times. Sometimes you need an ice cream cone at the end of the day. Others perceive you as being childlike and immature at times.
2. BROWNIES -- You are adventurous, love new ideas, and are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up you whip out your saber. You are always the odd ball with a unique sense of humor and direction. You tend to be very loyal.
3. LEMON MERINGUE -- Smooth, sexy, & articulate with your hands, you are an excellent caregiver and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. A bit of a diva at times, you set your own style because you do your own thing. You shine when it comes to helping others and have many friends.
4 . VANILLA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING -- Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lacking motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.
5. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE -- Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people, can be counted on in a pinch and expect the same in return. Intuitively keen, you can be very emotional at times but a true person in every way. You like to do things for yourself and help others learn about themselves.
6. CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING – Sweet, always ready to give and receive. Very creative, adventurous, ambitious, and passionate. You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside. Not afraid to take chances. Will not settle for anything average in life. Love to laugh.
7. ICE CREAM -- You like sports, whether it is baseball, football, basketball, or soccer. If you could, you would like to participate, but you enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. You tend to be self-centered and high maintenance.
8. CARROT CAKE -- You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to hang out with you. You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times. You have many loyal friends. You were meant to lead and teach others. A wonderful role model
Now, you must realize that I truly am not a sweets type of person. My idea of a treat is a bag of On the Border Chips and Salsa!!!!! Ok , and a margarita on the side :)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
- Hubby and I just watched So You Think You Can Dance from last week. I am really not happy that Will was voted off. Not happy at all. Might have to stop watching it, if it were not for Twitch and Joshua.
- Pootie had his 11 year old check up today. He weighs 70 pounds. That is incredible. His BMI is "like non-existent". ZERO body fat. He is finally out of the 10% on the weight grouping, and into the 25%. This is a huge deal for him. OH - and he is 4 feet 7 1/2 inches tall. We try like crazy to keep weight on him- with all the working out with soccer though, he burns fat like there is no tomorrow.
- I don't'.
- Going out tonight with some of my friends. Trish moves to Chicago on Thursday. Going to try not to cry.
- My computer keeps crashing when I am working on the movies from the beach 07. I have emailed in for a fix, yet again, but I am really starting to get ticked off.
- It's almost August.
- Crash and Lola are starting to "get bored". That's when you know it's time for school to start. I'm not ready for school to start.
- There is a lot to remember when you are president of the PTA. I must keep a note pad with me at all times. I am waking up in the middle of the night thinking of things that I need to do.
- I hate waking up in the middle of the night. SERIOUSLY.
That's all for now.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
AND WE ARE NOW GOING TO BED, all of us, before midnight!!!! Novel idea I tell ya!!!!!!
Shhhhhhh - i might unplug the phones for tomorrow morning!!!!!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Note for anyone who does not know me well, I AM AT THE BEACH AND WANT MY SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF I HAVE ONE MORE DAY OF RAIN AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BE OUTSIDE, I WILL PITCH A CHILD LIKE HISSY FIT. THERE IS NO DROUGHT AROUND HERE, SO DON'T EVEN HAND ME THAT MESS.
I WANT WARM, GLORIOUS, SUNSHINE, DANG IT!!!!!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Food Team tonight is Hubby, Alison, Beaver and my brother Chris. Hamburgers and Hot dogs are on the menu. I'm sufficiently baked - feeling a little icky right now because I had a pina clad, and while I love them, I now feel like I am going to YACK!!! As my Gram would have said, "too much", as in too much sugar...so gross.
I am wearing one of my new sundresses from belks summer sale. It's very comfortable. And it hides the bloating!!! ;)
I have only had a couple of PTA related issues to deal with. Everyone feels so bad about calling me, and I am so not bothered by it!!! Just a bunch of super nice gals that I adore.
More later......most go relax!!!!!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Go ahead and laugh - right now Tropical Storm Cristopol is sitting off the coast threatening rain sometime tonight. Big deal - the news reporters have started over dramatising the "storm". Good lord people. It's not like it's a Hurricane. Talk about drumming up the news. The weather in Nags Head right now is breezy, but nice - a little overcast at times - but EVERY YEAR we have one day that it rains.
Albert, GramMabel's hubby, is doing better than expected. Yesterday everyone went to say their good byes and etc and dag -gone if today he was up in his wheelchair eating and asking to get clothes on.
Other than that - it's all good.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Pootie is outside cutting the grass. It has been his "job" to cut the backyard. Hubby is very particular about the front yard so he has still been doing that. UNTIL Saturday and "the knee incident". Pottie's cutting the FRONT yard right now. So much for the straight lines Hubby....ya wanted straight lines - ya shouldn't have played soccer!!!!
- I need to start packing
- Crash is upstairs cleaning the hamster cage and vacuuming
- Lola is folding clothes
- I need to weed eat - can't get that started
- I need to get the luggage down - have to get the ladder to do that
- I want to chill out at the beach
- Hubby has an ortho appointment tomorrow
- Dad needs me to finish up some stuff
- I need to get the life jackets from mom and dads house
- Computer crashes every time I try to finish the video from 07 beach trip
- same thing is happening to my edited version of 06 - really getting on my nerves.
- Soccer people are weird!!!
Oh - during the tourney this weekend - and this is a TRUE story!!!!! We watched a player, maybe 10 years old, get mad at the ref, THE KID PUNCHED THE REF in the gut!!! Promise!!! It was the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen...WHY?? Because the ref had just thrown his daddy (the coach) out. Therapy session needed for all involved there let me tell ya!!!
Here is the menu for the beach..oh and cooking teams.
Menu – Pizza, salad and dessert
Team Members – Ervin, Johnny, Amy and Holly will help
Menu – Hamburgers and hotdogs
Team Members- Alison, Neil, & Beaver Yeah - 'cause Neil is going to be such a help this week! :)
Team Members- Holly, Kenny, & Lea
Menu – Spaghetti
Team Members- Marty, Jon & Kristi
Menu – Pork Tenderloin
Team Members- Keith, Mary, Cindy & Kathy* we know we can adjust Kathy according to what night she is there.
Menu – Shrimp & Etc.
Team Members- Amy, Lynda & Wilda
Menu – Eat Leftovers!!!!!
oh - if you want to see where we are staying, you can go to www.joelambjr.com and search by name for the cottage called "Fancy That". It's our little home away from home.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
So not only is my weekend headed down the toilet, so is the BEACH TRIP. One of his dumbdumb friends (sorry Joe and Brian, love ya, but you are now officially messing with my vacation) asked him to fill in because BLAH BLAH BLAH for ONE GAME.....
One GAME! I should have been nasty and said NO. That is what my head wanted to say - but there were so many people standing near - and the majority of them think I'm a nut anyway - so I said WHATEVER HONEY. (Which does interprept as "NO" by the way.)
So Hubby played.
Now fast forward to after Hubby played. Hubby can hardly walk to the freaking car. Hubby is on crutches and as more likely than not torn his LEFT ACL. "kay - that's bad folks. The left knee was the good knee....the right knee has already had ACL reconstructive surgery.
Flushing sound here folks. Knee hurt, can't walk, wife has to watch the kids on the beach.
End of story. I have to go to bed.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience. The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time,that I wondered if he understood what was going on.
Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why'. Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"
The six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
* When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
* Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
* Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
* Take naps.
* Stretch before rising.
* Run, romp, and play daily.
* Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
* Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
* On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
* On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
* When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
* Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
* Be loyal.
* Never pretend to be something you're not.
* If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
* When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
By the way, new pup slept through the night last night :0)!!!!!
Monday, July 7, 2008
I NEED to go run a couple errands and I need to finish the laundry from yesterday. Don't want to do either. I dislike (hate) Mondays. Even in the summer, I dislike (hate) Mondays! Today is even worse because it is very overcast. Gloomy. BORING.
I WANT to either watch TV (CSI, Miami reruns), from my bed or sit at my sewing machine. I WANT to be packing to go to Nags Head.
I sound like my children.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Our vacation event planners, the firm of W & W Events, will start working this week. Menus must be organized. Cooking teams assigned. Starter grocery lists made. This is the week from 2005. The kids have all gotten so big, it was after all, 3 years ago!!! Nags Head 2005
Enjoy! I'll try to get 2006 on here soon...and I have to get with the videographer to see what the hold up is for 2007!!!! Rumor has it that it is 3/4 done!