Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bring it on…..

I loved having the kids home from school on Friday.  I know Bubba did too.  But – the mini vacation is over. 

Reality is knocking at the door.

But I am ready – so BRING IT ON.

(I know I say this over and over again – but I really deal with the reality of the week when I know what the hell I am feeding my family!)

Sunday 

Tonight was easy.  Since Hubby and Pootie are flying home from being out of town and I did my cleaning and shopping today…I opted for a large take and bake pizza from my favorite grocery store (Aldi) for the 3 kids (Bubba also feasted on his leftovers from El Valle).  I am nibbling on the leftover Thai Basil Chicken from Friday night.

Monday

Pork Chops, Mac and Cheese and Green Beans.  I’m going back and forth between the Rosemary Chops I cooked about two weeks ago (it was a huge hit!) or baking them in a little bbq sauce.  I like the Rosemary recipe because it can simmer for a long time and it just gets tastier!

Tuesday 

Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup and Beer Bread.  I actually made the soup today and it tastes so yummy.  Crash will have the 3rd round of state playoffs for his high school soccer team and I figured it would be nice to come home to hot soup and tasty bread.  (I’ made enough to freeze some too!)

Wednesday 

Taco night – the family will be very happy because I included chorizo on my list today!  They like adding this to their tacos…I’ll also have refried beans and corn.

Thursday

Leftovers

Friday 

Spaghetti and Salad

And that’s as far as I got!

Enjoy your week -

No comments: