Friday, September 3, 2010

Get out of my Kitchen!

Let me just say this to make sure there is no question about what  platform I stand on.

I AM A PROUD CARD CARING REPUBLICAN. 

There.  I said it.  I’m also going to make sure I am very clear on a couple other things. 

This is going to seem very random but it stems from the fact that the Child Nutrition folks now dictate down to fruit what makes a “complete meal” (complete meal then gets the $2.00 charge, if it doesn’t count as a complete meal, then they a la carte charge you out the wazzu.)  What do I mean by down to the fruit…if you get your entree and side of grapes and a an orange it’s a complete meal.  If you get the entree and 2 sides of grapes because you LOVE grapes…NOPE – can’t do that!  It’s not complete, so they a la carte charge you!!!!  So much for loving grapes……

1- Yes, the United States has an obesity problem.  (It’s because reality TV is just so good…..yeah right.)

2- Yes, the United States likes to Super Size things.  Me?  My favorite thing is a super sized Diet Dr. Pepper

3-I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT telling me what I can eat and how  much I can eat.  I do not want them telling me what I can feed  my children.  PERIOD.  I want the government OUT, OUT, OUT of my kitchen and OUT OUT OUT of my McDonald’s bag!!!!

Do I think that the FDA/Child Nutrition “experts” have a place in the school cafeteria’s…absolutely...they need someone who can make the food taste good for one thing.  (see disclaimer at below)But do I want them dictating what type of MILK my child can get????  NOPE!!!!  Absolutely not.  Don’t want a milk with your “complete lunch”, fine, we’ll give you JUICE.  Oh you just want water..fine – but we are going to charge you for that.  (How is JUICE better than WATER, by the way.)

Let me add that my kids are pretty good eaters.  They eat what I cook, and they are very willing to try different things.  They eat salads, meat, veggies, fish.  They eat different types of foods..Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, you name it.  So it’s not that I have a hard time feeding my kids. 

What I have a problem with is the GOVERNMENT dictating MY choices.

We are AMERICANS……CHOICE was what the founding fathers were kind of working on……

BUT if I want to throw down on the a  Big Mac 2 times a week….BACK THE HECK OFF!!!!  It’s my CHOICE how big my BUTT gets!!!!! 

 

It truly drives me crazy. 

Cause here is the deal people.  SEE that sweet super size Diet Dr. Pepper that I so love…I’m afraid that if we start letting them control the small things, the things that we think don’t matter, everything, they are going to take away my DDP!!!  And let me tell ya, that would not be good! 

DISCLAIMER:  Our elementary school cafeteria does the absolute BEST job, within their rules and laws, of making the food as appetizing as possible.  But I don’t think that is why the kids buy our food – I think it’s because they are truly the nicest, most caring group of ladies in the whole wide world- and the kids just like seeing their smiling faces!!!!  My Lola thinks they hung the moon!!!!  As do I! 

No comments: