Monday, February 7, 2011

Bullet Point Monday

  • Don’t want to talk football anymore until the fall.  Steelers lost so the conversation is OVER

I will discuss that I loved the Black Eyed Peas.  I know there were sound issues, but that was not their fault.  It was live people, one of the things that can happen.  Loved hearing Fergie sing Guns ‘n Roses.  Too cool. 

  • I am over the cold weather.  I feel so sorry for all the folks that keep getting more and more snow!  I would be absolutely out of my mind by now.

  • I had to take Baby Bubba to the doctor on Friday for the first time for anything other than a regular check up.  He fell backwards and hit her head on the tile floor REALLY hard – wouldn’t have bothered me except that he fell asleep about 15 minutes later.  Scared the crap out of me to be blunt.  He was fine –

  • Big boys had soccer this past weekend.  (It was so cold).  Neither of their teams made it to the finals, but in the end, we weren’t that disappointed.  It was nice to get home in the early afternoon and then get ready for the super bowl festivities.

  • I am continually amazed at how stupid people in charge can be.  (Government talk for a second).  Our school system is making HUGE cuts to the budget.  Around here, we have this thing called Bright Beginnings.  It’s basically a tax payer funded preschool program.  But it’s only for a select few.  The “few” would be are those that are supposedly at risk.  To me, this is not the job of the school system.  Our school system is for Kindergarten through 12th grade.  The program costs roughly 21 million, MILLION, dollars for 3,200 students.  That’s it, only 3,200.  And sadder, there is NO evidence to report that there are any long term positive effects of these kids going to BB.  The first groups to go through BB are now at the age where they should be graduating high school.  No evidence shows that they are performing at current grade level.  Why?  BECAUSE THEIR FAMILIES DO NOT CARE.  There is no family support, education is not a priority, and why would it be?  You can live off of government dollars just fine.   No accountability whatsoever. 

I have to stop talking about it now or honestly, my blood pressure goes through the roof!!!

  • Had a horrible headache today – had to call my mom to come over and help me with the baby so I could sleep.  I thank the good Lord that my mom and dad are so close to us.  They are always there when we need them. 

No comments: