Sunday, January 27, 2013

Awesome kids

Friday was a VERY stressful day for me.  THE WEATHER, as you might have heard, was less than lovely here in the Carolinas. 

It started sleeting by 8:00 Friday morning.  And it was colder than a witches heart, which meant that even when it was just raining, it was freezing in places on the roads.

I hate the cold.  I hate any form of precipitation that comes in the winter even more.  (Yes, even snow)

I really hate it when my family has to be out on the road.

Ad that some of my family was going to be flying IN AN AIRPLANE (which I also hate) in the WINTER STORM…..

To say my nerves were shot……

Understatement from HELL>

Hubby and Pootie (along with Pootie’s soccer team) were flying to MIAMI on Friday.  They boarded the plane about 1:40 on Friday afternoon, for a flight that was supposed to leave Charlotte at 2:18.  They left Charlotte about 5:30.  From 1:40 until they left – THREE soccer teams of boys were STUCK sitting on a plane….waiting for a break in the WINTER STORM and waiting in line to DE-ICE.  And waiting and waiting..

My Mom and Daddy were driving home from my aunt and uncles up in Chesapeake, Virginia.  The trip usually takes about 6 hours in the sunshine.  I think it took them about 11 hours.  They were in the worst part of all the storm as they drove across the state.  There were tons of car accidents…

So.  By the time everyone was safely where they should be on Friday night.  I was a basket case.  Swear. 

Bubba always creeps into our room at night so I didn’t even bother trying to get him into his bed.  And my dogs, KNOW when Hubby is gone – they know what that means…..THEY CAN GET ON THE BED!!!

This is Shelby, not happy that I’m snapping pictures, with the Bubba already asleep with his bowl of cheese-its in his lap…..



And since everyone was safe and sound, you’d think that all was well in the world.


In the middle of the night I woke up with a rip roaring MIGRAINE headache.  I was throwing up, which if you’ve ever had a migraine, you know, just makes the pain even worse!  It was so bad.  With Bubba being in my bed and he woke up about 3:30 because he heard me crying and yacking.  Poor kid.  He just sat there patting my back.  About 4 a.m. Bubba went down the hall to wake up Crash.  Crash then proceeded to help take care of me.  Every 15 minutes Crash got up and went down to the microwave to reheat the “bean bag” to put on my head.  Bubba stayed in the bed watching TV and patting my back.  I was up and down yacking….Bubba finally fell back to sleep about 6:30. Crash went back to bed at 7:00.  At that point, I was just dry heaving and sleeping for about 20 minutes at a time.  Lola woke up at 8:00 and took over for Crash on bean bag duty and then jumped in to take care of Bubba when he woke up. 

I slept until about 12:30 when I was finally able to start sipping on my beloved diet dr pepper.  My hubby had been on and off the phone all morning with Lola, and I guess one of them called in the calvary, because mom and dad showed up with beef stew for dinner.

Yesterday was a total BLUR.  I cannot tell you how impressed I am by my awesome kids and how they helped take care of me, and each other, thru a wretched day!

This morning, I woke up ready to conquer the world.  (Sort of) and we went to breakfast at their favorite spot, Greg’s BBQ (yes northern friends, they cook breakfast that is NOT BBQ)

My two nurses….aren’t they so dang cute!?


And with the back patter…..


Bubba’s breakfast feast….half order of french toast with sausage links, part of my omelette and hashbrowns, helping of grits and half a biscuit WITH gravy.  He eats until he puts himself into a comma.



Hubby and Pootie will be home tonight.  I’m trying to NOT get all worked up about them flying.  The weather is not a factor to send me over the edge…..

Next time – I’m taking a xanex. 

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Migraines are the worst and I've only had 2 in my life! Sorry you were dealing with that. Your kids are amazing, by the way.