Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still here

I am still here.  Just been so busy with “stuff” and my brain needed a break. 

This past week has been one that has truly worn us down – emotionally.  My faith in the school that my oldest is at has been tested to the brink of really wanting him out of there and home, safe with me being home schooled. 

The story is long, so stick with me.  I’ve changed the names to protect everyone, even those that are NOT innocent. 

Tuesday at 3:52 I received a phone call from the 7th grade principal at Pootie’s school.  Mr. Craft told me (and I quote) that Pootie had been in a fight.  MY SON!  I was floored.  STUNNED!!!  I was sure that he had something wrong (he did just so ya know).  Pootie had asked another student, Wren, a question.  Wren wigged out, came at Pootie pushing him, so Pootie pushed him away.  Wren came back at him, tried to strangle him, and punched him several times, once in the face. 

What was the question that MY POOTIE asked?  He asked Wren why he would say to Davis (one of Pootie’s best bud’s) “I hope your mom dies.”  Yes, Wren said that to Davis.  Now, side note about Davis’ mom.  She has battled and survived cancer.  Pootie was simply asking “why” and “how would you feel if someone said that about your mom”. 

Mr. Craft wanted to charge Pootie with fighting.  All Pootie did was push the kid away.  He gave him 2 days of in school suspension.  We fought it, of course at the point that we were able to get in front or the principal Pootie had already served almost one whole day. But the principal took back that second day.  The other kid got 10 days of out of school suspension. 

Pootie did not go all out spider monkey on Wren as he wanted to because he would have been kicked off the soccer team.  He had the self control and head smarts to be able to control himself.  We are very proud of him. 

I did have major issues that my kid came home from school with finger prints on his neck and scratch marks.  I also had major issues with the fact that the “incident” happened at 1:30 and I did not get a phone call until 3:52.   A nurse checked my kid out, he was questioned and put in solitary confinement for 2.5 hours with out my knowledge. 

It’s funny the things that we find out after the fact.  Things that  Pootie didn’t even know.  Wren had had a melt down earlier in the day and had to be escorted out of class by a security guard.  They let him go back to class.  Should not have happened.  He has threatened to kill Davis. Obviously, this child needs help.  While I can have empathy for the situation, I really am over it.  Let’s face it, Columbine is in your mind right now, isn’t it?  It should be.  It’s a fact that we don’t live in a safe world anymore.  My concern is now the safety of my child once Wren comes back to school.  I can tell you I’ve talked to Davis’ mom, that’s her concern too.  I hope that Wren’s parents act and get him help.  He’s a time bomb. 

My son knows that he did the right thing.  I am proud of him. 

No comments: