Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthdays!!!

Today is my hubby’s birthday!  Happy birthday Hubby!  Here’s a funny realization we all came to last night..while we were at Nakato celebrating with my parents…

Hubby is as old now as my daddy was when Hubby and I started dating….how funny is that? 

AND today is my sweet baby boy Crash’s birthday too!  Yep, that’s right.  Crash was born on Hubby’s birthday.  He’s officially a teenager – 13!!!!  We got to pick when we had him, scheduled induction a couple of weeks early.  (Long story – but when I had Pootie, it damaged a nerve in my leg and I was in PT for months after having him…so they figured they would deliver Crash early and hopefully avoid doing the same thing.  It worked – no nerve damage – even though he was bigger).  Crash weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces and when he was born, the doctor said, umm, he has blond hair!  He is the most stubborn of my kids (Bubba giving him a run for his money) but he is the most loving and “huggy” kid.  He’s always been a hugger….he’s very sensitive and wears his heart on his sleeve.  He’s a bit of a goofball and likes to make jokes and have people laugh.  We knew we were in trouble when he said he wanted to be the class clown.  REALLY Crash – you can’t reach for higher aspirations that that?  He is my kid that likes to be at home, content to just hang out.  He’s a super smart kid, with his love being math and science driven.  If he can get out of reading, he’s going to find a way.  He is my cautious child, not a risk taker at all, but always the one that ends up with a good booboo story.  (Pending knee surgery and all)  He still has blond hair and his eyes have stayed a different shade of grey blue.  He is a wonderful son and most of the time a good brother.

Here is Crash when he was one day old……his hair looks dark in this picture – but it’s just the bad hospital lighting…

sammy baby

101_0236

sammy 3

100_0461nags head 2008 253

100_2169

100_6750

100_1670100_1146

0046

 

This was this past Friday, headed into the doctors appointment.  Crash and Bubba holding hands with Lotso Huggin’ Bear (Toy Story 3)

2012-04-27_07-54-43_864

And of course, Bubba had to be up on the examine table with Crash…..

2012-04-27_08-27-14_399

 

And here are my birthday boys!!!!

2012-04-29_17-46-40_2

And as tradition stands….here we are last night at Nakato!!!! 

nakato 2012

No comments: