Can you believe it? 2010!!! I am not even sure to say it, two thousand and ten, or twenty ten? So confusing!
Today will have to be a random thoughts posting.
- GramMabel is in the hospital. LONGGGG story, but she fell the other night and broke her hip. They did a full ball joint replacement on Friday and right now, while all of her vitals are “ok”, she is not doing well. One big factor in that, and we knew it would be, is the fact that she has starved herself for years and is SEVERLY malnourished. My Daddy and Uncle Ervin have been there (eastern North Carolina) with her throughout the ordeal. Aunt Artie is flying in from her home in California tomorrow. Not sure what is going on and waiting for my mom to call with an update, but the doctors are concerned and have told them to be prepared for anything.
- Desperate Housewives was so good last night. I balled my eyes out for about 10 minutes after it was over. (I watched it this morning by myself). It was the “What If” show. What if I had made this decision instead of that one. Lynette's part sent me over the proverbial edge. I was watching it with my sweet little Peanut asleep snuggled up next to me looking so precious and of course, I did all the what ifs. What if I hadn’t WHOOPS gotten pregnant. What if, with his prematurity he wasn’t so dang tough and didn’t do as amazingly well as he did? What if? What if….and I just cried.
- Speaking of Peanut. He is cutting two teef-ers on the bottom gums. He is not sleeping thru the night. He is almost sitting up on his own and he has no interest in crawling but he can scoot on his back and get to where he wants to go…sorta. He wants to be held all the time and is still a boobie baby. He likes to eat food food – can sorta play with a sippy cup – but NO BOTTLE!!!!! Nope, no way. He is quite happy at night with my boob in his mouth from about 3:30am until 6 – I sleep quite well and so does he – this has become more prevalent as the teef-ers are coming in. I know I should just let him cry, but that would require me waking up.
- Pootie, Crash and Lola had to go back to school today. It was freezing cold out and wouldn’t you know it – the buses were late or just didn’t show at all!!! Pootie’s bus was 40 minutes late and Crash and Lola’s bus was a no show. Our neighbor friend drove them to school. God bless her, that way I didn’t have to take Peanut out that early!!! Ethel drove Pootie and her daughter up to the bus stop and let them hang in the car for that 40 minute wait.
- Speaking of blessing a friend, my friend Kim (who is so good to me and brings me BR chocolate chip ice cream) was at Aldi at 9 this morning and text, as she does every time, to see if I needed anything. Usually I don’t, but today, I needed 4 things and I took her up on it!!! She is truly one of the most thoughtful people ever!!! Peanut and I don’t have to go out until this evening, when I have to take Pootie to his indoor soccer game!
- Please, if you have a chance, go to this CaringBridge website. This family is friends with my cousin, HollyBeth. Please add this family to your prayer list. They need all the strength, support and prayer that can be given. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelapel
- I’m still not over Russell being totally DISSED on Survivor. If any person ever deserved the title, he did. He was a weasel but dang, he played the game. Cause again people, it is a GAME!!!!!! Out whit, out play, out last. Not be all sweet and see who we love the most!!!! DUH!
- It is ridiculously cold here and apparently will be for a week or so. I hate the cold. All you folks who want it and “pretty snow”. Move to the north. Seriously. There is NO good reason for us to have temperatures this cold!Watch the news, see what the impact could be on the fruit business!! And yours mine and ours HEAT BILL!!! I’ll have to go bag groceries at HT (remember Aldi doesn’t bag groceries) to pay for the heat bill!! Actually not true, just if ya plan on coming to my house, dress warm because I am NOT turning that thermostat up!!!
- At what point in January can I stop saying Happy New Year? Thoughts?