Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Simple Things in Life

It’s funny, as complicated as the world can be “in this day and time”…the simple things in life can really make me smile.

So what are those simple things you ask?  I’ll tell ya.  Right now, it’s a somewhat dreary Sunday afternoon and I’m sitting in my made up bed with the baby asleep next to me, my oldest on the other side of him and we are watching a movie.  (Don’t Say A Word with the late Brittany Murphy)  Lola and Crash are downstairs making chocolate chip cookies and Hubby is up the street at a neighbors watching football. 

Yesterday was another simplistic day, we spent the day at the soccer field just hanging out.  The boys had a fun kick around with their buddies and then we watched the older boys (15 & 16 year olds play.)  I took a blanket and Lola and I played board games and played with the baby. 

Tonight we are going over to my mom and daddy’s to eat dinner with them and my brother.  He is in town this weekend.  It is always so good to spend time with him. 

My brother has just gotten word that he will be deployed again February 15th.  The powers in charge moved up their deployment a bit.  We knew it was coming.   REGARDLESS OF YOUR STANCE ON THE WAR, please remember that there are sons, daughters, wives, husbands and brothers and sisters fighting in horrible places around the world for FREEDOM.  Say prayers for them.  We want them home safe. 

The week ahead lands us back into soccer reality as outdoor practice starts up again for the boys on Tuesday and Thursdays.  Pootie’s team as also added another practice on Wednesdays. 

 

Menu Updates

1/15 Friday – Texas Flavored Pork ChopsWe did end up going out to dinner with Hubby’s dad and his wife.  1/16 Saturday – Crock Pot Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes with Egg NoodlesHubby and I decided that we wanted Taco’s instead – then we got the Pot Luck Saturday night call from our friends the Tom’s and Quants, so we took our Taco’s to go and headed over.  It is always so much fun to see what we all show up with.  1/17 Sunday – Taco’s.  Kids don’t have school tomorrow, it’s Martin Luther King Day.   Big change of plans for tonight, we are going over to Mom and Daddy’s for dinner there!!! 

From this point, I am not sure what I am going to do with the menu, I have lots of options.  But I have to add in the Poor’s Man Sheppard's Pie and the Chicken and Artichoke’s …plus we have taco leftovers. 

1/18 Monday – Tuna Broccoli Casserole.  1/19 Tuesday – Goulash 1/20Wednesday – Sausage Alfredo Pasta. 1/21 Thursday – Meatloaf – 1/22 Friday – Ranch Pork Chops, 1/23 Saturday – Pizza (probably) 1/24 Sunday – Pot Roast with Veggies  1/25 Monday-Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with rice

No comments: