Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Menu as promised

As I said I would do, here is the meal plan for the next 2 weeks.  You know that I reserve the right to switch the items as needed or as my taste buds dictate……

1/10 Sunday – Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry with rice

1/11 Monday – Chicken & Dumplings with Salad and a lovely 9 grain sliced bread.  This was absolutely delicious and super easy!!!  And it was cold last night and this was so warm and comforting!!! 

1/12 Tuesday – Hot Beef with Green Beans and rice or potatoes (i haven’t decided which).  Made in the crock pot, my favorite.  Four ingredients including the roast!!!!  Oh and one of the ingredients was a BEER!!!!  Can’t go wrong with that!!! 

1/13 Wednesday – Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Croissant Wraps, will probably serve with applesauce

1/14 Thursday – Poor Mans Sheppard Pie, a family favorite. 

1/15 Friday – Texas Flavored Pork Chops.  this is a new recipe from my favorite, www.recipezaar.com, number 366324, it looks good.  my family loves pork chops so hopefully this will appease them. Crash has an indoor soccer game at 4:45, so we might have to change plans – but for now, we will roll with this.  

1/16 Saturday – Crock Pot Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes with Egg Noodles.  I got this one from RZ too, and it’s a crock pot recipe, 3 ingredients including chicken.  I am anticipating Crash and Lola curling their noses up on this one – but will have leftovers should then need them. 

1/17 Sunday – Taco’s.  Kids don’t have school tomorrow, it’s Martin Luther King Day.  

1/18 Monday – Tuna Broccoli Casserole. This is a quick fix family favorite.  We have to tell Lola that it’s chicken and she’ll eat it. 

1/19 Tuesday – Goulash (HollyBeth’s recipe.  It’s the first night of soccer practice starting back up – will need to have all my ducks in a row.)

1/20Wednesday – Sausage Alfredo Pasta.  3 Ingredients, super easy and my kids love it. 

1/21 Thursday – Meatloaf – my mom’s recipe…..again, it’s a soccer practice night, so I need things that can be eaten in shifts.  t

1/22 Friday – Ranch Pork Chops, gotta love recipezaar!!! 

1/23 Saturday – Pizza (probably)

1/24 Sunday – Pot Roast with Veggies  ( I got 2 roasts on a buy one get one free from BiLo on Sunday’s shopping bonanza.)

1/25 Monday-Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken with rice.  A 4 ingredient dinner including chicken. 

Should I decide to vary it a little, we might do a leftover night (if there are leftovers) or a waffle night, something simple like that. 

The great thing about this is that I have everything that I need to make all these meals!!!  I will only need to shop for more sandwich bread and milk at the half way mark!!!  whew…..makes me feel good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a coinky dink! Meal plans.

I spent several hours dreaming up three weeks of meals to try and make my life easier. My mom reminded me how she did the same thing every two weeks when we were kids and claimes it helped. I thought with my food allergies and our crazy life it might help organize me better and help me keep to my required four day rotational diet. So far, I have changed the menu around four times to fit our time available for the food and what we really felt like eating or spending the time making. I'm giving it some more time to work, but so far I am now wondering. . .