Thursday, May 13, 2010

From Betsy’s Blog

I copied and pasted this super yummy recipe from Betsy’s blog – try it – I made it last night for dinner and it was really good!  The kids LOVED it, and even Hubby, who does not typically like spinach ate it and enjoyed it.  (That or he is a good liar?)

 

While we're on the subject of good food...I wanted to share a reeaaallly good recipe I tried this week from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Comfort Table by Katie Lee Joel.

It was her Mediterranean Pasta and it was so good. Very light with lots of flavor and that's what I like this time of year!
Here is the recipe if you are interested...

Meditteranean Pasta
Boil 12 oz. linguine for @8-10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 c. cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat 3 T. olive oil over medium heat and sautee 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced) and 3 garlic cloves until tender. Add in 1 1/2 pints grape tomatoes (halved) and 1/2 cup pitted black olives. (I left off the olives just because I don't like olives.) Sautee until tomatoes are wilted (about 5 minutes). Add 1 lb. large shrimp, pitted and deveined.
Return pasta to the large pot with 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water. Add the tomato and shrimp mixture. Stir in 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach, 1 T. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, and 8 oz. feta cheese. Toss until spinach wilts. If needed, add more water until pasta is moist and saucy. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with olive oil.
De-lish!!

No comments: