Tuesday, February 26, 2013

If it’s not broken……

You can still put it in a cast!  Bubba has his first cast on for a round of treatment called SERIAL CASTING.   He had botox a week ago, and we’ve wiggled and waggled his foot to help get more Range of Motion (ROM in physical therapy jargon)…and this is the next step. (literally)

Bubba will be sporting this lovely bright ass orange cast (just like if he’d broken his foot) for two weeks.  Then it will be cut off, his foot repositioned and another one put on.

He was a trooper and very entertaining asking questions and commenting. 

His one big question of course…..

B:    HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PRACTICE SOCCER with THIS ON MY FOOT? 

Me:  You can’t. 

B:  WELLLLLL, how am I supposed to play football?

Me:  You can’t.

B:  MOM, can I play badminton?

Me:  Nope.

B:  This is horrible.  I can’t play any-fing.

Me:  Well, yeah cause it’s raining.

 

And all was right with the world again…..

2013-02-26_10-45-58_275

2013-02-26_10-46-33_833

2013-02-26_10-46-41_29

2013-02-26_10-46-47_539

2013-02-26_10-46-51_145

 

So far, he’s doing great walking in it….

Now if the RAIN WOULD STOP!!!! 

1 comment:

Dany said...

Hey,

so this may be a little strange but I'm someone random who stumbled upon your blog by googling the search terms "AFO Cleats" for irrelevant reasons. However your blog is the first result.

I read a little bit about your (I'm assuming) youngest son. I have a similar condition to him, even right down to wearing an AFO on my left foot and having repeated botox injections over the years. I thought I would just compliment you for blogging about it the way that you do. Often times in the past when my google searches relate to my condition, the blogs are often rather sad.

Thank you for actively being able to blog about the subject without letting it consume your blog. It's nice to see that.