Tuesday, February 19, 2013

High Anxiety

My anxiety level is a tad high today.  For one, the weather is CRAP and I’m really wanting and needing to be in some warm sunshine!  It’s been raining all morning….ugggg.  When I say that I am desperate for WARM weather, flip flops and NO SWEATERS – I am NOT exaggerating. 

The oldest is home not feeling good.  I think it’s his allergies and he needs to listen to me and take his allergy medicine everyday.  But what do I know, right?

And I just dropped off the registration paperwork for Bubba to go to preschool this fall.  I know that I should not be as tense about this as I am…BUT that is not the case.

I started Pootie in preschool when he was 4.  He went two days a week.  It was a great situation.  And then he started kindergarten….and Crash started when he was 3 years old and went 3 days and he went 3 days when he was 4 years old.  And then he started kindergarten and Lola started 3 year old preschool and went 3 days.  When she was 4, I sent her 4 days.  And everything was fine. 

I should NOT be totally stressing over Bubba going to 4 year old preschool 3 days a week….BUT I AM!!!  It’s not that I don’t think he’s ready…and I really don’t know why I am so apprehensive about it.  I sometimes giggle to and say my nerves are because I’m afraid he’ll get kicked out.  He is the baby to 3 older siblings. 

He knows more than he should about lots of different things.  He knows songs that most 3 years old probably don’t know (or shouldn’t, don’t judge). I’m Bringing Sexy Back by oh so cute Justin Timberlake is his current favorite.  And don’t even get me started on when he starts singing about his Red Solo Cup (Toby Keith).  He is too dang cute when he karaoke’s that one.  He can recite appropriate nursery rhymes….so put that on my plus side please.  (My personal favorite is when he does the Star Light Star Bright and then says he wishes he brothers would play FIFA with him.) He can tell you his phone number, birth date, his address, he can count, spell his name and tell you who scored a goal for Manchester City.  He plays the PS3 with the big kids – FIFA  and can talk about the players….most 3 year olds don’t do that. 

And yes, he’s been known to bust out in a soap worthy word, or two. (His ability to put a sentence together is VERY impressive Smile haha…)

Maybe that is the cause of my stress right now??

I have until the Fall to work on that…..

On a different note, here is Bubba at OrthoCarolina, waiting on his daddy to join us for the appointment…

 

2013-02-14_13-27-57_406

And sitting and waiting for the doctor to come in…..

2013-02-14_13-42-06_992

And after we got home. He was exhausted and totally passed out asleep!!!  He did really well – and we have seen signs of it working…..

2013-02-14_15-13-14_217

And heading out on Saturday night to play in the snow….he was so excited.  (FYI – I was NOT)

 

2013-02-16_18-47-56_46

 

And my favorite – yesterday evening – playing out in the very muddy front yard.  He dressed himself.  Notice the sweatpants AND the cowboy boots…(oh and he has a soccer jersey on under his jacket.)

2013-02-18_16-14-13_453

2013-02-18_16-26-26_962

2013-02-18_16-26-35_7602013-02-18_16-48-40_8552013-02-18_16-48-47_4592013-02-18_16-48-53_849

2 comments:

Sue Spath said...

I so love your blogs. If I had kept one when Brent was little, it would have been X rated with all the expletives.

Kim Branch said...

I can totally relate! I wasn't apprehensive about my youngest going to preschool but I understand what you mean about knowing more than he should for his age. When Nicholas, my youngest was almost 4, he wanted to play soccer, but he missed the age cutoff by a few months. I talked to the church league commissioner and asked for him to please make an exception. He said his concern was that Nicholas would get hurt being the youngest on the team, to that I laughed, I told him that was the least of my worries, I was worried more about him running over the older kids. They let him play and he played soccer like it was football. Guess that's why he is playing football now instead of soccer. HA! Having older siblings makes tough kids!