Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jerry Reed died the other day. That may or may not mean a hill of beans to you, but it does to me. My brother and I listened to the Smokey & the Bandit "cassette tape" no less than a million times. It is a fond memory for me! Don't laugh!! How can you not smile thinking about this movie and the songs? I know, it was a stupid movie, lots of cigarettes, old county cussing, and Burt Reynolds driving a trans-am headed to Texarkana, cause there's beer in them there parts!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law!! (Classic line.) Smokey and the Bandit brought CB's into the for-front of driving!!!! Everyone had to have one. My dad even put one in my mom's station wagon.

An Oscar nominee? Hardly? A Classic and the pinnacle of the 70's.

No comments: