Friday, January 7, 2011

I wake up….

and go through the routine of being a mom to 4 great kids and the wife of a terrific man.  Our life is pretty amazing. 

We are healthy, the kids are healthy and for 99.9% of the time, they are good kids (0.1% of the time they are trifling, as kids are supposed to be). 

Hubby has a great job, works hard, but it’s a great job.  I’m able to stay home with the kids.  I work part time for Daddy, and I enjoy that job and the folks I know through work. 

Our home is not clean all the time, it’s not huge, we don’t have a cleaning lady or a yard service. 

We drive 2 cars that are high mileage cars.  The Blue Goose squeaks (that would be my car) but they are paid for.

I think we forget sometimes that generally speaking, LIFE IS GOOD. 

And then I wake up one day and I am reminded of that fact.
A family that we know lost their husband, father, son and brother the other day.  Suddenly.  The initial  report is he had a heart attack and died during the night.  My heart breaks for the wife, Amy, and the kids, Natalie (sophomore in college) and Michael (senior in high school).  I cry and think about what they must be feeling. 

I think about my friends that have lost their husbands and then I marvel in their strength.  You are each such pillars of strength and I am so blessed to know each of you.

I read about a family that have triplet preemie babies and loses one as the other two fight a hard fight to live.  And my heart breaks for them. 

I know what our lives were like to watch Little Bubba fight, I cannot fathom what multiple babies would be like. 

So, as I go about in my daily routine of getting up, getting my Diet Dr. Pepper, getting the 3 big kids off for their day and Hubby out the door, and yes, Bubba still getting BOOBIE in the morning…I need to remember to stop and be thankful for my daily humdrum routine. 

As you go about your day, please take a moment to pray for these families.  And hugs yours and be thankful.

No comments: