Monday, August 27, 2012

Noah was a wise man….

“It pays to plan ahead.  It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.”

Today…ugg.  I’ve dreaded this day for several weeks.  The first day of school.  I hate it.  Always have.  I like the kids being home and the lazy days of summer. 

Today I have to get back to being my control-planning-think-everything thru- self. 

The school start/end times for the middle school SUCKS.  No other word for it.  SUCKS.  The brilliant minds that run things changed us to a 9-4 school.  And the bus ride of course is a long one, because there are stupid people making these decisions….The bus comes at 7:50am and drops them off at 5:02pm. (That’s for Crash and Lola.  Pootie is on the same NORMAL schedule of 7:15-2:15.)  It is just not possible or economical for me to pick them up everyday. 

Add in the extra curricular activities (soccer) and I’ve got to be a NOAH.  Plan plan plan.

Or we’d starve.

Or go broke eating out

Here is the meal plan and kid shuffle for this week. 

Monday- (tonight) 

Chicken Parmesan with side of spaghetti and broccoli.  Pootie has practice from 5-6:30.  Hubby is reffing game at 7:00 up the road.   I’m sure I’ll have to have a beer to get thru all the ridiculous paperwork that I know is going to descend on me tonight. 

Bubba helped me get dinner ready this morning.  He loves to help cook!!!  He says “I’m a great helper and stirrer mommy.”  Yes you are Bubba!  And so dang cute!!!

2012-08-27_09-30-07_500

2012-08-27_09-30-16_429

I pounded out the chicken breasts really thin. Then lightly breaded with Italian breadcrumbs and garlic (we love garlic).

2012-08-27_09-36-49_963

Sautéed a little – to brown…

2012-08-27_09-48-31_562

Put into pryex dish.  I’ll pour sauce and cheese over before putting in the oven!!  Yummy yummy!!!

Tuesday

Roast with rice and bourbon carrots.  Crash has practice on Tuesdays from 4:45 til 6:15 (yeah, go back and look at his bus schedule) but the coach is giving them this Tuesday off because he knows it’s a hot mess with the bus schedule for so many of us.  Pootie has practice from 6:15-7:45.  I’m also helping out my friend, Suzanne, and watching her two boys on Tuesday evening.  Love her boys! 

Wednesday

PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps – a family favorite.  Crash has practice from 6:00-7:30 and Pootie is 8:00-9:30.  On Wednesday afternoons at 3:50 I pick up my neighbors son from his bus drop off – he attends a private school and they do community drop offs. 

Thursday

MeatLoaf with mashed taters and baby peas.  Pootie practice from 6:00-7:30 and Crash 7:30-9:00

Friday

Leftovers.  Hubby goes to take care of Robb now on Friday nights.  (He is our friend with Lou Gehrig’s)  No one has practice this Friday.  Pootie has a game on Saturday and Sunday.  Friday will be a recovery day for all of us! Smile 

I haven’t even been able to THINK about when Lola starts with her afterschool activities (she is dying for Drama to start)….

So from here on out – it’s cooking in the morning.  Having a game plan.  Knowing what we are going to eat for dinner makes my afternoons so much easier to handle. 

So- if you have any good easy recipes to share – since I’m having to be creative with casseroles and crockpots – let me know!!! 

And just remember..

It’s not the plan that’s important…it’s the planning!

No comments: