Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Menu

I did have a menu all planned out for the week – just haven’t had a chance to post it.

Bubba got over the CROUP (yeah- that was 6 days of miserable last week) and then he came down with an ear infection.  While is has been rough – it could always be rougher….this was the first time since leaving the NICU that my baby has had to have a prescription!!  Last week was steroids, this week an antibiotic….All in all, I will keep quite and only mumble my complaints.

To the task at hand.

The Menu

This week was funny because the boys decided to pick the items – and I picked which day…it tickles me that they each have certain things that they always request…

Sunday

we were supposed to have Lasagna, I moved that to Monday night because of a late soccer game.  So we ordered pizza. 

Monday

I made the Lasagna.  It was very good if I do say so myself. 

Tuesday

Leftover Lasagna and Pizza.  It was a great combo..it’s so weird, I always think that Lasagna is better as a rerun…

Wednesday

Beef Stroganoff.  This was a request of the eldest child….he loves it for some reason.  I made a double batch and will throw the other part into the freezer.  I did the “real” Beef Stroganoff….not Hamburger Helper.  (Which oddly enough is something the family likes)

Thursday

Hubby’s Choice….Meatloaf and Mashed Taters and green beans

Friday

We would normally do Chile Verde.  HOWEVER – Hubby and I will be at the Memorial Service for our friend, Robb.  It’s weird to think that Hubby won’t be with them every Friday night now. It makes me sad.  I know that he treasured his time with them -

Saturday

I’m guessing we’ll shift to Saturday night Chile Verde. (if you are concerned that Lola is being left out of the top picks – don’t be- Chile Verde is her top choice…she is the one that wins this every week-)

Sunday

Crash’s choice – his favorite is Chicken Parmesan.  He has his last regular season game in Asheville on Sunday – so I will probably send Crash and Hubby on their merry way and I’ll cook it for him.  I really have NO desire to go stand in the cold mountains!

Monday

Pork Chops, mac and cheese and Peas and some sort of apple/oatmeal concoction.

Here is a totally random picture for ya…my dining room….they use it every dang day.  I LOVE my dining room now….the boys crack me up sitting at opposite ends working….

2012-10-15_20-54-13_239

Next Post: The task of giving Bubba his medicine.

No comments: