Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back on Track

No, not with the computer situation, but with my meal planning. I know you've missed hearing about my dinner plans, you can admit it.

I made my list - loaded Peanut into the car and we headed off to Aldi. Not sure what order just yet but here is some of the plans for the coming days.

Tonight I am pretty sure we are doing Taco Bake - a family favorite and it's so easy and yummy.

1 Cheesy Chicken Casserole
2 Pork Chops
3 Ravioli
4 Chicken Sundaes
5 Sausage Penne Pasta
6 Chicken Tortellini in Alfredo Sauce
7 Turkey (I bought a 12 pounder at Aldi, 99 cents a pound so I will roast it and then use the l leftovers for a different dinner). Consider it a practice run for Thanksgiving, although we do that over at mom's so I'm really not practicing anything bu eatin!!!
8 Turkey leftovers, in form of casserole or man-sandwiches (what my kids a hot open faced sandwiches)
9 Hamburger baskets

It seems that we eat alot of pasta - we do. Carb city right now. I sneak in the whole wheat type, the kids can't tell the difference and it makes me feel a bit better.

I think that was it. I also got stuff for salads, and the cut and bake cookies. My kids have really enjoyed me baking "homemade" cookies for their lunches each week. And so have I. I did my stock of staples such as oatmeal, cereal, peanut butter, fluff, jelly, bread, rice, egg noodles, pasta, black beans, green beans, peas and corn.

I am woman hear me roar.

oh want to hear a funny - Peanut is sitting in his swing right now watching CMT - guess what is on...the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader tryout show. HONESTLY, there is NOTHING on tv right now and it is one of those train wreck shows I can't stop watching!!!!! And right now, if he's happy, I could give a rodent rear end what it is!!!!!!

No comments: