Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Little Peanut is just getting bigger and bigger! Today my baby weighs
3 pounds 4.4 ounces!!!

AND he got to take another feeding via the bottle!!!!! He loves it too. And since he is going sooo well with it, he gets another one later on today. AND he might even get to meet the boobages in the next couple of days. Such excitement!!!

So today's secret - and I've already shared this with my long time friend "CareBear"-

the lactation consultants from the hospital (Carolinas Medical Center Main, of course) have been amazing. Remember, I'm a first timer on the whole nursing thing, much less caring for a preemie nursing thing). And in a discussion with Denise (one of the consultants), I commented on how blasted tired I am all the time!!!! Denise shared with me that there is a hormone that is released when you are nursing/pumping that makes you sleepy.

Now, I believe I have well established that I am so not one to question God. Really, I'm not. But I'm thinking that a hormone that makes you tired is a design flaw. The whole falling asleep while nursing isn't as hysterical as falling asleep when you are hooked up to the milkers!!!! Can I tell you what a mess is made when you drop those little snappie bottle thingys in the middle of the night? Shouldn't it be that the hormone released wakes ya butt up? It just seems to make more sense to me.

BIG FAT MESS here people!!!


Maybe I will start of list of questions to ask God one day. Nothing really serious, just the kind of questions that make ya go ummmm...

Question 1- Tired hormone while nursing/pumping - is it really necessary. I mean, after all, Ya have a baby (ergo the nursing) and if you are like me, ya have a couple other kids running around.....do I really need anything else to make me tired?

Question 2-Is Grey hair really necessary? I'm pretty comfortable with my age (NOT) and really don't need to LOOK older to establish myself as a mature person. Can we work on a model that maybe has the option to not go grey (and let me just say going bald is not the alternative, I want to keep my luscious locks just as they have always been...might even do without the hair color...stop laughing, i know, that's never going to happen.)

Question 3-Can we work on the nervous system thing too? Levels of pain could be turned down slightly to avoid the need to curse like a sailor when I hit my toe on the thingy under my bed when I am making it up in the morning. Turning down the level of pain would eliminate the cursing thereby saving my little angels ears from such profanity.

I'm just saying....

And Question 4 for the day.....who do you get that Diet Dr Pepper to taste so good? (God would look at me like I have 4 heads and tell me it's not natural, he doesn't make it. DUH...but he gave some brilliant person the ability to concoct the chemicals in such a way to make them taste so dang good I figured it was worth it to ask. I'm all about giving credit where credit is due. And no, I haven't made a firm decision about whether or not I'd say DUH to God. Let me think on that one for a bit.)

1 comment:

Merae said...

great news! i am so glad he is gaining!! love the post - you always crack me up!
love you, merae